Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 19, 2009

A Few Recent Thoughts

So today was an interesting, but very good day. First, I want to write down a few testimonies that were shared in the past few days. A friend of mine talked about how he grew up in a hindu family and when he became a Christian while in college he was shunned by his family. He randomly came to project because his roommate said he should try it. He spoke how his niece had run away and could not be found. Some of his family called him to tell she was found, the best part is it was after they prayed to God instead of their gods. They were so excited my friend then was able to share the gospel with his family who received Christ. He was so excited as well as I was for him. Another testimony was shared about a guy who was atheist when he came to project. His friend told him that coming to San Diego was a fun time but left out that i was a Christian organization. Through coming here he trusted God for the first time in his life. Ironically his friend that had invited him left early but he is very exicted to be out here now.
Tonight people from invisible children came and showed a film and talked to us. It once again put things into perspective for me. I was not aware as to how big the issue was and how much it affected central Africa. I ask you to please pray for the cause and to pray for the thousands of children who have be abducted and their only release is to constantly run or be killed. Watching the video and seeing the destruction and madness has really put me into a feeling in which I can not quite explain.

Here is a song that we sing out here that I want to share:
"God Is With Us"

God is with us,
in his loving arms
We are safe from harm.
Blessed with his almighty love,
May you find strength from him above.

God Bless,
Jason Walker

ps. feel free to mail me at
824 Santa Clara Place
San Deigo CA 92109

No comments:

Post a Comment