Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Its Been A While

So I know that I have failed at keeping up with this as much as possible. Lately God has been teaching me alot in the past two weeks. Since being here I have really come to rely on God alot more with my life. He has also helped give me the perspective to "Live for him today, not tommorrow; since we a not garunteed at tomorrow." The job situation was not working out quite how I had planned but that was the thing, I was making my plan not God's. So Monday morning during my quiet time I pray about what God wanted me to do this summer and that I would follow his will for me. Monday night I then talked to my project director Dan about what I felt God wanted me to do. Since then I have joined a group of about 20 of us students who are doing ministry all summer. I am working on two different campuses this summer. Both Grossmont and Mesa which are junior colleges, prayer for these campuses would be highly appreciated. To give you an idea about the campuses during the year, their enrollments around that of virginia tech, grossmont is around 19,000 students and mesa is at 22,000.It has been cool already just to trust God and know that he will take of me in every aspect of my life including financailly. Since being here I have also built up a solid group of friends to talk to and hold me accountable, which has been great. I have an accountability partner from North DakOta who is a really cool guy. We have gotten to know each other really well. Just the other night this past tuesday to be exact, God humbled me in a good way. We all went out sharing around the mission beach area. A group of us walked past these two 15yr old kids. In my mind I knew that I should go talk to them, but I did not want to. I was not in the mood for it. One of the staff kept telling me to go talk to them and I kept making excuses. Finally I went and talked to them with my sharing partner Kayla from Missouri Baptist. They two kids David and Brady ended up accepting Christ that night. It was cool to see how I did not want to go, but God decided he was gonna use me for his glory anyways. I will try to be consistent with this from now on, but if prayers would be great, if you wanna pray for all of us on anything.
God Bless,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment